Will my home state find out about my DUI conviction in Arizona?

Answer: Yes.

If you were convicted of a DUI in Arizona but your license is in another state, Arizona will report any problems to The National Driver Register (NDR).

What is the National Driver Register and how does it work?

What it is:

The National Driver Register (NDR) is a privately owned and operated computerized database containing information about drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended or have been convicted of a serious traffic infraction such as DUI.
Website address for National Driver Register:
www. nationaldriverregister.com

How it works:

All U.S. motor vehicle departments provide NDR with the names and other identifying information for drivers who have lost their driving privileges or have been convicted of a serious traffic violation. When you go to another state and apply for a driver license, your name is checked in this database. If you have been reported to the NDR as a problem driver, you may not obtain a driver license in another state until your record in the reporting state has been cleared.
To clear your record in the reporting state, you must go to the motor vehicle department of that particular state and follow all of their procedures. These procedures include but are not limited to paying fines, taking driver education classes, complying with court requirements and then completing the remainder of the driver license reinstatement process. You can obtain necessary forms for each of the 50 states on the NDR website; however, remember this is a for-profit organization and there will be a cost associated with obtaining these forms.
You could just as easily go to the website of your home state and obtain the forms on that site at no charge.
For example, if you live in Ohio and while vacationing in Arizona are charged and convicted of a DUI, Arizona will send notice to the NDR of the conviction. Upon notification of the conviction, the Ohio motor vehicle department will take action according to Ohio laws.
To clear your record in Arizona, go to www.servicearizona.com and pay $3 to obtain and print out your thirty-nine (39) month motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR should indicate why your license has been suspended. Take the MVR printout and go to (or call if you are out of state) your local MVD office and consult with staff regarding the process of resolving any issues you may have. For problems more complex than simply paying a fine, reinstatement fee, going to driver education school or installing an interlock ignition device, it may be wise to consult with an attorney.