What Will Happen To Me If I Am Convicted of an EXTREME DUI For the Second Time?
SECOND OFFENSE EXTREME DUI (Misdemeanor)
BAC Between 0.15 – 0.199
The penalties include:
- Not less than 120 days in jail.
- Fines, surcharges, jail fees, DPS assessments, prison fund fees and other miscellaneous court fees of approximately $4000 or more.
- Revocation of your driver license for at least one year.
- Use of an interlock ignition device for at least twelve (12) months.
- Substance abuse screening followed by the recommended counseling.
- Attendance at a Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victim Impact Panel.
- Probation for up to five years.
- Attendance at traffic survival school because you have attained eight points on your driver’s record.
- Possible impoundment of vehicle.
- Thirty (30) hours of community restitution.
The Legal Jargon: A.R.S. § 28-1382(A)(1).
If you have been charged with a DUI or Drug related DUI, contact the Arizona criminal defense lawyers at Oracle Law Group Office P.C. for assistance with your criminal case.