Under 21 and BAC Level over 00.00%
Arizona is a zero tolerance state for minors. A.R.S. § 4-244.44 prohibits anyone under the age of 21 to drive a vehicle with any alcohol in their system.
If this is your first offense, penalties may include:
- Jail time ranging from 0 days to 180 days
- Fines, surcharges, possible jail fees, miscellaneous court fees totaling up to $2,500 or more
- Mandatory license suspension for 2 years *Judge may order that MVD issue a restricted driving permit to allow the person to drive to and from school, work, or any court mandated alcohol classes during the 2 year period
- Extremely high insurance rates
- Ignition Interlock Device for 2 years after your license is reinstated *This means that you may have driving restrictions up to FOUR years
Because underage drinkers cause a disproportionately large number of alcohol-related vehicle fatalities—penalties may be harsher for those under 21.
A conviction for Underage DUI is very serious. The experienced DUI defense attorneys at Beauchamp Law Office have had great results defending Underage DUI. If you or a loved one has been charged with an Arizona Underage DUI, contact our offices today.