Selecting a DUI Attorney
According to the Phoenix Police Department, a man was killed Tuesday morning when he drove his motorcycle off the road. The accident occurred at approximately 2:30 a.m. near Cactus and Cave Creek Roads. According to Phoenix Police Department Spokesman Steve Martos, the man was not wearing a helmet, and Police believe he may have been impaired at the time of the accident.
The attorneys at Oracle Law Group Office P.C. are always saddened to hear of the loss of life in a DUI related accident. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for DUI related accidents to result in death or serious injury. Even if you are not injured in the DUI accident, we understand the great impact DUI charges can have on a person.
Arizona has some of the harshest DUI laws in the Country. Under Arizona law, a person arrested for DUI may face fines, driver’s license suspension, mandatory ignition interlock device, community restitution and jail time.
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you need an experienced DUI attorney. Even if you believe you cannot afford an attorney, the reality is, if you have been arrested for DUI in Arizona, you cannot afford NOT to hire an experienced DUI attorney. But, when you are looking for an attorney, keep in mind that not all DUI attorneys are the same.
That said, here are a few things to remember when searching for a DUI lawyer:
(1) Arizona does not mandate the amount a DUI attorney can charge for his/her services. Therefore, you are likely to receive quotes that vary significantly. On the bright side, in a large city, you are likely to find an experienced and affordable DUI attorney.
(2) Attorney’s fees may not be a fair indication of the attorney’s ability, competence or experience in representing clients charged of DUI. Oftentimes, small or mid-sized firms offer excellent DUI representation at a lesser cost than larger firms simply because the operating costs associated with a small firm are generally less than those at a large firm.
(3) DUI attorneys are prohibited, by the Arizona State Bar, from charging clients based on the outcome of the case; otherwise known as a contingency fee.
(4) Arizona DUI lawyers are required to disclose to their clients the fees charged and the basis on which those fees are charged. Prior to signing the “fee agreement” make certain that you understand the document and retain a copy of the document for your own records.
(5) It is not unusual for a DUI attorney to charge the client for the cost of additional services such as an expert witness or psychological assessments. We recommend speaking openly with your attorney about these potential costs from the beginning.
(6) Be cautious when reading online reviews posted about a law firm as these may not be always be accurate.
The DUI lawyers at Oracle Law Group Office P.C. understand you have many options when it comes to hiring a DUI attorney. Should you choose to work with the attorneys at Oracle Law Group Office P.C., we will provide you with an experienced and aggressive DUI defense.