How Do I Know If My Third DUI Is A Class VI Felony?
Your third DUI is a class VI felony if:
1) You are driving impaired while a person under 15 years of age is in the vehicle.
The penalties include:
- One day in jail and up to four months in prison.
- $750 fine with surcharges, jail fees, $250 assessment, $1500 prison fund assessment, $1500 DPS fees and other miscellaneous court fees and charges.
- Revocation of your driver license for at least one year (you may apply for SIIRDL after 90 days).
- Use of an interlock ignition device for at least one year.
- Substance abuse screening followed by recommended counseling
- Possible attendance at a Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victim Impact Panel.
- Probation for up to ten (10) years.
- Attendance at traffic survival school because you have attained eight points on your driver’s record.
- Possible court order to perform community restitution.
The Legal Jargon: A.R.S. § 28-1383(A)(3); A.R.S. § 28-1383(L)(2).
If you have been charged with a DUI or Drug related DUI, contact the Arizona criminal defense lawyers at Oracle Law Group Office P.C. for assistance with your criminal case.