DUI Breath Tests Arizona
Before an Officer arrests a person for DUI, he/she will likely be required to submit to a breathalyzer test. In Arizona, the State has the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that a person was in “actual physical control” of his/her vehicle while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The Arizona DUI defense lawyers at Oracle Law Group Office P.C. will challenge the breathalyzer test results to have the DUI charges brought against you dismissed. The results of a breathalyzer test can be challenged based on the following issues:
(1) Whether the machine was calibrated accurately;
(2) Whether the machine was maintained properly as evidenced through maintenance logs;
(3) Whether the Police Officer conducting the test had sufficient experience and training to perform the breathalyzer test;
(4) Whether two (2) breath tests were performed within the required timeframe;
(5) Whether any external factors impacted the results of the test;
(6) Whether the DUI arrest was based on a portable breath test which is not calibrated to the same standards as a breathalyzer machine;
(7) Whether the Officer violated any of your constitutional rights.
If you have been arrested for DUI, contact an AZ DUI defense lawyer at the DUI defense Arizona law firm Oracle Law Group Office P.C.